Courtrooms within the Eastern District of North Carolina are equipped with a variety of technologies. Please select a location below to familiarize yourself with what is being utilized at each location:
For any proceeding to take place via VTC, please first obtain a signed order from the judge and then submit this VTC Request Form.
The Trial Courtrooms in Raleigh are equipped with a complete video technology suite.
- High resolution monitors display the video presentation to everyone in the room.
- Document cameras project and magnify documents or 3-D objects on the video presentation system.
- Using the ELO Touchscreen monitor, attorneys and witnesses can annotate images by drawing on the screen with their finger.
- Other video input devices include VCR, DVD, connections for laptops, and auxiliary inputs.
- The evidence control panel allows easy management of audio and video equipment functions.
Documentation on how to use the courtroom evidence presentation system can be found here.
Please refer to Standing Order 05-PLR-7 in regard to personal wireless and electronic equipment in courtroom facilities.
The court requires that users of this system be trained by our Automation personnel. To set up a training session, contact Darrell Fields (919.645.1716) at least one week prior to your court date. All counsel planning to utilize the evidence presentation system also must test their hardware and software no less than two business days prior to the scheduled proceeding to ensure system compatibility. Training and testing are subject to the availability of the courtroom.