TRAINING FOR CM/ECF
Before you can register as an electronic filer (e-filer), you must complete one of the following requirements:
- Complete the 2-hour training class offered by Eastern District of North Carolina court staff. The training consists of a 2-hour hands-on session. Attorneys will earn 2 hours of North Carolina CLE credit for their participation. Attendees will learn how to docket in the ECF program and how to navigate through the program. Attorneys and support staff from interested firms may click here to register for a class.
- Complete training offered by another CM/ECF court and/or have an ECF account with that court.
Once you have completed the work listed above, please review the following modules, they are helpful in training new staff in the operation of CM/ECF:
Attorney Electronic Learning Documents and Modules - Civil
System and Viewing Requirements
- Windows 2000 or later
- Screen Resolution of 1024x768
- Flash Player 8.0 or later
- Sound card with speakers or headphones
*These links are Executable Programs that install locally to your machine. To download and view a module, select it from the list. Download the file to your desktop.
The ELM will be installed in the following directory: C\Program Files\SDSD Programs. Once installed, you can access the ELM from the START menu. Additionally, a folder
with a Shortcut to the ELM will be placed on your desktop.