Welcome to the Attorney page for the Eastern District of North Carolina. On this page, you will find a collection of information that we believe is relevant to the attorneys practicing in our District. Though some of this information may be found in other locations on the website, the information on this page has been compiled in a central location to provide attorneys quick and efficient access. We plan to further develop and refine the contents of this page to better meet the needs of the Eastern District bar as well as out-of-state attorneys making a special appearance in the District. If you have any suggestions or comments, please provide them to the website committee.
- December 23, 2020 –Public Notice for Appointment of a New Magistrate Judge
- December 20, 2020 - Amended Order Setting 2019 Holiday Schedule
- November 15, 2019 - 19-SO-5, In re Amendments to the Local Civil and Criminal Rules of Practice and Procedure
- August 29, 2019 - In re: Chinese-Manufactured Drywall Products Liability Litigation. Court's Order and Notice of Pendency and Proposed Settlement of Class Action against Taishan.
- July 9, 2019 - The United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina gives public notice of proposed amendments to the Local Civil Rules and Local Criminal Rules.
- March 23, 2019 - Judge James C. Fox passed away on Saturday, March 23, 2019. Judge Fox honorably served our nation for over thirty five years as a United States District Judge in the Eastern District of North Carolina.
- November 27, 2018 - 18-SO-5, In re: Electronic Service of Documents Filed By Unrepresented Litigants.
- April 11, 2018 - 18-SO-2, In re: Schedule of Transcript Fees
- April 10, 2018 - Amended Criminal Justice Act Plan
- August 8, 2017 - Standing Order 17-SO-4; In re Interim Amendments to Local Criminal Rule 32.2
- August 2, 2017 - In Re: Appointment of North Carolina Prisoner Legal Services, Inc. in State Prisoner Civil Rights Cases
- March 20, 2017 - The United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina has approved e-noticing for pro se parties in civil cases. Effective March 20, 2017, a non-incarcerated pro se litigant may consent to electronic service of documents filed in CM/ECF in civil cases in this court. Further information regarding e-noticing may be found in the revised CM/ECF Policy Manual.
- March 16, 2017 - The United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina announces the selection of Peter A. Moore, Jr., as Clerk of Court. Mr. Moore was sworn in by the Court on March 13, 2017, and replaces Julie Richards Johnston, who retired on March 6, 2017.
- March 14, 2017 - Learn about our Pro Bono Program.
- December 2, 2016 - IN RE: GUIDELINES FOR COLLECTION AND EXPENDITURE OF NON-APPROPRIATED FUNDS
- More news >>
*Only a subset of the Local Rules that govern attorneys practicing in this District are listed here for convenience. Attorneys should consult the complete set of Local Rules as necessary.
Links to Other Related Agencies