Welcome to the Attorney page for the Eastern District of North Carolina. On this page, you will find a collection of information that we believe is relevant to the attorneys practicing in our District. Though some of this information may be found in other locations on the website, the information on this page has been compiled in a central location to provide attorneys quick and efficient access. We plan to further develop and refine the contents of this page to better meet the needs of the Eastern District bar as well as out-of-state attorneys making a special appearance in the District. If you have any suggestions or comments, please provide them to the website committee.
- 2023 Holiday Order
- The Pro Bono Work to Empower and Represent (POWER) Act was signed into law in September 2018 to help combat domestic abuse and sexual violence. The Eastern District of North Carolina is honored to cosponsor a virtual POWER Act event which will take place on Friday, September 22, 2023 at 12 p.m. (EST). Click here to access additional information and RSVP to the event.
- October 28, 2022 - Standing Order 22-S0-2-M, IN RE: PROHIBITION OF WIRELESS COMMUNICATION DEVICES
- September 22, 2022 - Standing Order 22-SO-1, IN RE: GUILTY PLEAS IN CRIMINAL FELONY CASES
- January 8, 2021 - Standing Order 21-SO-2 IN RE: PROCEDURES FOR THE FILING, SERVICE, AND MANAGEMENT OF HIGHLY SENSITIVE DOCUMENTS
- March 14, 2017 - Learn about our Pro Bono Program.
- More news >>
*Only a subset of the Local Rules that govern attorneys practicing in this District are listed here for convenience. Attorneys should consult the complete set of Local Rules as necessary.
Links to Other Related Agencies